AN EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGIST ASSESSMENT
Are you concerned that…
Your child isn't achieving their full potential?
Your child is not making progress at school?
Your child needs additional support in school?
Your child is not meeting their early developmental milestones?
Your child is struggling with aspects of learning such as reading or writing?
We will provide you with answers. Our detailed assessment will provide an explanation of what is causing your child’s difficulties, together with a comprehensive intervention plan to help your child reach their full potential.
EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY ASSESSMENT
Educational psychologists (EPs) are skilled assessors with extensive training in all aspects of child development that affect learning. Educational psychologists work with children and young people aged 0-25 years. Through a comprehensive assessment, we discover the child’s true potential and find out what may be causing any difficulties for them in regards to their learning. We use a variety of assessment methods to identify the strengths and barriers for the child or young person to ensure they make the optimum progress in their learning.
SPECIALISTS IN ALL AREAS OF LEARNING
Common difficulties include:
• Autism Spectrum Disorders
• Social Communication
• Processing speed
• Attention and concentration
• Gifted and talented learners.
THE ASSESSMENT PROCESS
1. Initial telephone consultation to discuss your concerns
2. Assessment at our London consulting rooms or school
3. The assessment will include observations, consultations and standardised assessments (such as cognitive testing, IQ tests)
4. A parent consultation meeting immediately after the assessment to feed back the findings
5. A full written report with detailed strategies and recommendations within two weeks
Please note that after the assessment and report, additional work can be carried out by the EP to support the implementation of the recommendations, negotiate support with school staff or to discuss further issues. This work can be carried out an additional hourly rate.